Metal is a great conductor
- “Don’t wear metal jewelry or watchbands when working on electrical circuits” because metal is a great conductor for electricity.
- “Use tools with non-conducting handles” so conductors like metals, wont conduct the electricity
- Enclose all electrical contacts and conductors.
People are so-so conductors (they can still conduct electricity).
- Don’t touch electrical circuits with your fingers.
- Should someone come into contact with electricity, don’t touch them; shut down the main power.
- Disconnect the power source before working on electrical circuits and devices.
water is a so-so conductor
- Never work with electrical circuits with wet hands or on a wet floor.
- If there is a spill, shut off the main power before doing anything else.